Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Made it to England!

My first blog post! If you’re reading this, that means I got the blog and technology to work, which means hell has frozen over and the Vikings are probably going to win the ring this year. This blog is probably going to be inside jokes with myself and a list of places I cried at, have fun.

Also if you’re reading this it probably means you already know that I’m a nerd, obsessed with history, and have no shame about it, so to explain my choice for the title of my blog: Anne Boleyn’s motto was “the most happy.” Although I in no way expect to be 100% happy for my entire year, Anne wasn’t always happy either (see: having to wait 6+ years to get marry the man she loved. See also: execution). But all in all I think it’s a nice tribute to one of my favorite women.

I am finally in England!!! It is just as amazing and wonderful as I remember. From the second I got off the plane, it felt right. I’m finally back where I belong! The trip here was long (flight delay because of a drug bust at Humphrey Terminal, keep it classy Minneapolis) and yesterday I was pretty tired. We’re all pretty much settled into our flat here in Nottingham, which is really nice. There’s two quads, two doubles, and a single. The quad I’m in is nice and fairly spacious, and the ceilings are really high and so it doesn’t feel cramped. My bed is great and I love it.

Today we walked around our neighborhood and tomorrow is our first trip to the city center. I’m hoping to be able to find some nice routes for running that I can map out! It doesn’t really matter if it’s scenic or not, but just something around the neighborhood that I can do easily. We don’t have any flat activities on Saturday or Sunday so I’m hoping to go to London this weekend!!! Gotta get back to my people!

Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment